Published on April 6th, 2016 | by Saurabh Pandey0
Key Facts You Didn’t Know About WhatsApp
Here are some of the Key Facts You Didn’t Know About WhatsApp, as well as a few more that might raise an eyebrow or two:-
- As of April 2015, WhatsApp has more than 800 million active users.
- India has the largest number of active users on WhatsApp.
- More than 1 million users get registered on WhatsApp daily.
- As of January 2015, 30 billion messages gets sent and received on WhatsApp daily.
- Average amount of time spent by users on WhatsApp at a weekly basis is 195 minutes.
- Before Facebook acquired WhatsApp for $19 billion, Google offered to pay $ 10 billion.
- WhatsApp is responsible for 27% of selfies shared on social media.
- WhatsApp founder Jan Koum was denied a job at Facebook in 2008.
- WhatsApp messaging volume overtook the world SMS volume long time back.
- WhatsApp has a total of 55 employees. Out of which only 34 are engineers. That means there is a ration of 1 developer to 23 million active users
- The average user checks the app approximately 23 times per day.
- An average user ends more than 1000 messages per month on WhatsApp.
- As of early 2014, an average user shares about 40 pictures, 7 videos and 13 voice notes per month on WhatsApp. You can only imagine what the number would be now.
- WhatsApp is worth more than entire annual budget of NASA, which is $17 billion.
- As of February 2015, WhatsApp is at 6th position in the list of global brands which rank highest in consumer engagement
Besides the facts and figures listed above, the folks at ShopOnLess have created a giant-sized infographic that sums it all up in visual terms.