Published on February 15th, 2022 | by Bhawana Vashisht0
Complete guide to SAAS Marketing
Traditional marketing focuses on brand promotion and physical interaction with the product. With SaaS, you must convince customers of your software requirements.
The first task is to convince the buyer of the need for the product. Hence, the main challenge is to convince the customer to buy, use the software, and stick with it. So, you need to market your SaaS product with utmost precision.
Marketing your SaaS in this ever-changing industry takes a little effort and a lot of creativity. It would help if you had nothing more than a real, tried, tested, and effective SaaS marketing strategy that sets your SaaS company apart from other competitors
in this emerging market.
In this article, get to know everything from pricing the SaaS product to the marketing tools you need. So, buckle down, and let’s get started.
How to price for your SaaS Products
All the SaaS products are hosted online and are used by the customers via subscription. However, if your software as a Service or SaaS product is priced without putting in much thought, you might not retain the customers.
If your prices are too high, the customer will hesitate to resubscribe to your services. Hence, you must price your SaaS product wisely.
Here are a few ways in which you can price your products. Have a look-
• You can calculate the average cost incurred in providing the particular service and increase it by some percentage to get the price. Consider every expense, like the cost of development, employees’ salary, etc., so that you don’t incur any loss on your investment.
• If your service is going live for the first time on the market, it is best to price your product similar to your competitors. Go to a competitor’s website to find their pricing. You’ll probably acquire customers if you price your goods somewhere in the middle of your competition.
• Another way you can get more customers is by reducing your prices for a particular period. In this way, you will create a buzz in the market about the price drop and attract more people.
• Lastly, you can price your product based on its value to your customer’s life. Remember, if a product or service makes the life of customers easier, they will pay for it no matter what. However, don’t price your products too high.
Content & Email Marketing for SaaS products
By raising brand awareness and positioning yourself as a respected industry leader, an excellent B2B SaaS content marketing approach can prove invaluable in the long run.
Furthermore, email marketing for SaaS applications must be done with extreme caution. Keep in mind that you’re emailing people who are well-versed in the methods and tactics you’re employing. It implies that you must be very clever with what you deliver and write in the email.
Here are a few ways to make your content and email marketing approach effective.
• Make sure to post only relevant and quality content for your content marketing efforts.
• Know your target audience.
• Create personas of your target customers and make sure that your service provides a solution for all their pain points.
• Have referral campaigns if necessary.
• Try to relate to the reader as much as possible.
Most effective techniques for SAAS Marketing
The right way to do SaaS marketing is by following a strategy. You must know what you need to do to make an impact; you should be aware of all the tips and tricks. That is why we have listed some of the best strategies for you:
• Have a free trial period for your customers. It will allow the customers to try the service before they decide to pay for it.
• Leverage Search engine optimization to generate more leads.
• Have a flexible pricing range for your services.
• Take the help of Social Media marketing to market your service or product.
• Create helpful blogs about your service and what solution it provides. It would be best to have a strong content marketing strategy in place.
• Incentivize referrals.
Marketing Tools for SaaS
Marketing your SaaS product is not possible without the help of tools. Here is a list of tools that will make the process easier for you:
• Google tag manager
• Google Analytics
Future of SAAS Marketing in 2022
As the technologies rely more and more on clouds, it is plausible that SaaS is the software industry’s future. SaaS now dominates the cloud computing market.
Moreover, people are likely to use software online than install it on their devices and compromise on the hard disk space. The massive growth of Salesforce is a perfect example to support this statement.
Hence, SaaS Marketing will be very impactful and fruitful for the companies in 2022.
SaaS marketing companies must be innovative and use a combination of services suitable for promotion and marketing. Their strategy should be finding clients, convincing them, and ensuring they don’t give up on your services.
Now that you know some fantastic tools, tips, and the importance of SaaS marketing, develop an impactful strategy for yourself today!