Published on June 14th, 2016 | by Saurabh Pandey0
How to use Facebook’s Custom Audiences from your website
If someone visits your website after clicking on a Facebook advert, they may not always complete an action such as making a purchase or giving you their contact information. One great way to remarket to them is by using your Facebook pixel, formerly known as the Custom Audience pixel, to create a Custom Audience from your website. It’ll help you:
- Bring website visitors back to complete a purchase
- Find new customers who are similar to your website visitors
- Get more value from new customer acquisition campaigns by excluding existing customers
1. Create a Facebook pixel
In order to identify your website visitors so that you can retarget them on Facebook, insert a Facebook pixel on your site. You can still use a Custom Audience pixel if you’ve already installed it, and skip to step 2.
- Click Tools from the top menu.
- Click Pixels > Facebook Pixel.
- Click Create a Pixel.
- Give your pixel a name. There’s only one pixel per advert account, so choose a name that represents your business.
- Click Create Pixel.
2. Create an audience
Once your pixel has been implemented on your website, you can build an audience based on your website visitors.
Go to Adverts Manager.
- Click Tools, then choose Audiences.
- Click Create Audience.
- Select Custom Audience.
- Click Website Traffic.
- Give your Custom Audience a name, choose a Website Traffic option and click Create Audience.
3. Create advert
You can access your Custom Audience from your website at any time in the Audiences tab in Adverts Manager.
- Choose Create Advert next to the audience(s) that you wish to target.
- Select your advertising objective, such as getting clicks to your website or website conversions, and set up the rest of your advert.
Extra credit: Lookalike Audiences
Once you’ve set up Custom Audiences from your website, you can find new sets of people who are similar to your website visitors by creating a Lookalike Audience.
This takes the guesswork out of targeting and helps you increase sales based on people who have already shown interest in your products or services.
To create a Lookalike Audience, go to Adverts Manager > Tools > Audiences, click Create Audience and select Lookalike Audience from the drop-down menu.